These days being single and on a budget, I am always on the look out for DIY beauty hacks. Being in the beauty industry for a long time, I am always experimenting, trying out new things, and like to share them with my readers and clients. One of my favorite things to use for beauty hacks is a toothbrush. You already know what a toothbrush can do for your pearly whites, but it also works as a great and inexpensive beauty aid. Here are 10 reasons you are going to want to pick up an extra toothbrush next time you go to the store.
- Exfoliate lips: Swiping your lips with a toothbrush will get rid of rough spots for smooth lipstick application. Use a mix of olive oil and brown sugar to create a quick lip exfoliator for added moisture.
- Tame fly-away hair: Spritz your t-brush with hair spray or gel to settle any loose hairs. It’s also a great tool to brush your bangs into place without getting product on your face.
- Bye by self-tanner: Erase self-tanner from your hands with a toothbrush. You can use a mixture of baking soda, water, and lemon juice to remove any evidence.
- Embolden brows: Bigger eyebrows are a trend from the runway. Get the look by using a toothbrush to train unruly brows to stay put. If they are too wild to be tamed, use the brush to apply a setting gel.
- Nail Art: Create graffiti-inspired nail art using the t-brush to splatter polish. Layer different colors to get a unique design.
- Big Texas Hair: Add volume to any style with a toothbrush. Tease hair at the crown using a toothbrush from mid-strand to roots.
- Cuticle Care: Keep your cuticles in smooth shape by exfoliating with a toothbrush and applying an oil or balm. You can also use the tool to clean underneath the tips.
- Lint Free: The lint in your brush and comb can be hard to clean. Use for your t-brush to wipe it away in beauty tools such as clippers and hair-dryers.
- Clump Free Lashes: A fan brush works well to separate lashes. Don’t have one? A t-brush will work just as well. Wiggle it gently from root to tip to get clump-free eyelashes.
- Handy Hair Tool: Touch up roots or dapple in highlights using a t-brush to apply hair color. The small brush gives you maximum control.
Hope these toothbrush beauty tips come in handy for you and save you some money! Feel free to share with your friends and save them some too!