Already a few days into the new year and many people have asked me what my new year’s resolutions are. To be quite honest, I stopped making them a couple of years ago; instead, I try and focus on enhancing the things I love doing and that mean the most to me. I think with everyday life personally and professionally, we forget to take care of ourselves, those we love, and become so wrapped up with the day to day, we lose out on some of the most priceless and important things. Here is my new year’s list of how I enhance things in my life.
- Don’t be so hard on yourself and love what you see in the mirror.
- Make time for your hobbies, passions, and being creative.
- Go on more adventures and say yes to invitations for things you have never done before.
- Send friends and family more handwritten letters and cards.
- Buy less unnecessary material things.
- Spend time alone doing things for yourself.
- Compliment people more often.
- Travel to new places, places of great childhood memories, and places you would never think of going to.
- Cook more, eat out less.
- Take time away from technology, social media, and enjoy peace and quiet.
- Stop doing things you don’t like to do; its ok to say no sometimes.
- Make new friends; new relationships always lead you to new things.
- Make some short term and long term goals.
- Take at least one class a year, even if it’s just to learn something fun.
- And lastly, love others the way you want to be loved.
Practicing these things in my life have helped me minimize stress, brought me to new ventures, and strengthen many relationships dear to me. I hope this list is one you can use to make positive enhancements in your life. Let’s hope, pray, and throw out good energy so we may have a wonderful new year.