Here are different health and beauty uses for baking soda:
- Remove hair product buildup by mixing backing soda with your favorite shampoo. Work into hair and rinse!
- Remove hair spray and oil buildup on your combs and brushes by soaking them in a bowl of warm water with 3 tablespoons baking soda and 3 tablespoons bleach.
- No time to shampoo your hair, just use baking soda, apply to oily areas like the crowd of your head, brush and fluff with a hairdryer.
- For an at home exfoliating pedicure just add 2 tablespoons of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda to warm water, sink in and relax.
- Mix Arm &Hammer Baking Soda and water together to create a mixture for an exfoliating facial and body scrub.
- Relieve pain from a sunburn by soaking a washcloth in 1 quart of water with 4 tablespoons baking soda then apply to affected area.
- Use baking soda on your nail brush to scrub your nails and cuticles, it softens cuticles and removes fungus.
- Brush or rinse your teeth with Arm & Hammer Baking Soda for a pearly white grin.
- Mix water and baking soda to create a paste to treat insect bites (I use this for those pesky mosquito bites)
- Soaking in a bath with baking soda relieves dry, itchy skin (also great for diaper rash)
**Household uses for baking soda seem endless, from cleaning to odor control, there are many ways to spruce up the house.
- Shine to your jewelry with Arm &Hammer Baking Soda, use a toothbrush to make it shine and sparkle.
- Use baking soda to clean sinks, counter-tops, bath tubs, and toilets. Its great for cleaning chrome fixtures!
- When cooking mashed potatoes, add a pinch of Arm & Hammer Baking Soda while mashing to make them fluffier.
- Arm & Hammer Baking Soda is a safe and easy way to clean dirt and residue off fresh fruit and vegetables, soak in baking soda and water then rinse.
- Clean your silver with Arm& Hammer Baking Soda, water, and a clean cloth.
- To unclog your drain pour ½ cup baking soda, followed by a ½ cup vinegar, down the clogged drain. Cover with a wet cloth for approximately 5 minutes, uncover, and flush with steaming-hot water.
- Does your microwave look like something exploded in there? Mix a couple of tablespoons of baking soda in water in a microwave safe container. Place inside microwave and bring to a boil. Wait a few minutes, then you should be able to wipe out any baked on stains with ease.
- Sprinkle baking soda on rugs and carpets before vacuuming, its great for odor control, especially if you have pets.
- Clean the dishwasher by running an empty cycle with baking soda.
- Add 1 cup of baking soda to your laundry (with your regular liquid detergent) to get clothes cleaner and brighter
April M. Monterrosa is Proud Latina from San Antonio, Texas, a Marine Corps wife, Mama of a Dachshund, licensed Cosmetologist of 17 years, The Lil Spa Room Owner, Founder of the Wonderfully Wise Women Group, Blog, & Online Magazine, a Writer for SAXtreme Magazine, PCA Skin Chemical Peel certified, & a Nuskin Skin Care Distributor.